Monday 6 January 2014

New Year, New Column

Happy New Year!

2013 was a great year for Mythic Writing, with several record-breaking months. We crossed the 6000 views mark, and headed straight past 7000 and hit 8000 before the end of the year. We finished the Book of Josiah, explained Why Mythology Matters, Rewrote Radiance and began our investigation of Leviathanin the Bible in From the Deep. Not to mention that my family increased by 50%

So what does 2014 hold for Mythic Writing?

I still have a lot of rewriting to do for Radiance before I'm ready to release the updated version, so please God this will be the year I finish that.

I also intend to continue From the Deep with Rabbinic texts about sea monsters and Leviathan.

But I also want to start something new.

So I present to you my new column - Torah Mythology of the Week, that I hope to post every Thursday, exploring mythological elements of the Torah reading for that week. Can't promise I'll hit every parasha (may get stuck around Leviticus for some time) but we'll see how it goes.

So tune in on Thursday for your first weekly dose of Torah Mythology.

No comments:

Post a Comment