Monday 16 December 2013

The Cat-Man - A Poem

A little unusually this week, I thought I'd share a poem I wrote a number of years ago that still brings a small smile to my face. Hope you enjoy it.

With final exams and papers all due this week, and an imminent trip to the UK, I suspect I won't have much time to write for Mythic Writing, so expect this to be the last post until January 6th. Have a wonderful new year!


The Cat-Man

There is a man in an empty bus stop
Somewhere in Istanbul,
And all day long, he sits and waits,
And watches with a wary eye
The people that pass him by.

And as the people walk their way,
He hisses like an angry cat
He thuds his head against the glass -
The people jump with surprise and fear,
No one dares walk near.

But in a quiet moment,
When he sat there all alone,
As I passed, I thought I saw
A knowing smile upon his lips,
A smile that said -
“I know which one of us is mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment